My Favorite Places - Outer Banks, NC and OU Campus in Norman, Oklahoma

I've picked two locations that have made a substantial impact on my life. One is my own personal get away from the daily stresses in life and the other is where I truly learned to be myself. I hope you enjoy! :)

Outer Banks, North Carolina
                In general, my family has gone to North Carolina since before I was born. Six months after  I was born, my little feet were touching ocean water. Between the smell of salt water, which I cannot replicate in this post, and the feeling of cool/warm sand in-between my toes, which again I cannot replicate, I slowly learned what it meant to release stress. When I started high school and even more so in college, I looked forward to these trips to the beach. It was a time that I could truly relax. Hopefully this picture can give you the sense of calm that it gives me!

(Image Information: personal photo taken in OBX, NC; photo from June 17, 2018)

University of Oklahoma (Norman, Oklahoma)
            Currently, I am in my fourth year here at the University of Oklahoma. College has been the best experience of my life and I believe that this is my favorite place to be. Nowhere else quite feels like home like Norman does to me. It is on this campus that I have started to learn who I am and what I enjoy doing/studying. Before living in Norman, I lived in Mustang, Oklahoma and before that I lived in Baltimore, Maryland. Even though I have fond memories of both of these locations, it was only in Norman that I have had control of who I want to be and where I wish to apply myself. Through OU, I have had many opportunities, such as: SGL for Camp Crimson, RA for Couch Center and being a trumpet player for The Pride of Oklahoma. Here is a picture that I took my sophomore year of Evans Hall in the evening.

 (Image Information: personal photo taken in Norman, Oklahoma of Evans Hall; photo from 


February 11, 2016)

Here is also a picture of the Bizzell Memorial Library, where I love to get lost for hours in the glass stacks when I have time!

(Bizzell Memorial Library; Photo by Sage Ross; Flickr)







Comments

  1. What great photos, Corona! And I know the Outer Banks of NC; I'm actually living in North Carolina for family reasons (my husband and I moved here from Norman when his dad became ill) ... I had never been to the Carolina coast before, and the very first time we went to Manteo and explored all around there, all so different from the California coast that I was used to, and very beautiful. I hope you will get to make a return visit to your favorite beach soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment