What Growth Mindset Can Really Do

(Image Information: Growth Mindset; Source: Needham Public School
   
Growth Mindset and What It Can Do For An Individual 
     
             In general I have never heard of Carol Dweck before I read some of her articles. The concept of "growth mindset" is an interesting one and a concept that I never quite considered. For most of my life, when I have failed I have been told that I am a failure. There was no "yet" or "you'll get it eventually." The spiel was always that I was not smart enough. The concept of saying that you are not good at something or don't understand something "yet" is a refreshing concept that should be used more often. It allows for the opportunity to grow. This leads me to want to introduce the word "yet" into my vocabulary more often. I think this is when you separate being a child from being an adult. Even though children were introduced in the different articles, they were more open to adult challenges because they believed that eventually it could be achieved. I definitely think that I myself will challenge the growth mindset and use it towards my studies and activities so that I can grow as an individual and an intellectual. Growth mindset would really help me in my Latin courses and within learning different religions. When studying different religious concepts, they don't come easy. It takes awhile to adjust and actually learn all the pathways and even if I don't understand it, I will say I don't understand it yet.   

Comments