Reading Notes - Mahabharata Part A Video

(Image Information: Ganesha writing the Mahabharata; Source: Wiki)

Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution by Epified TV (India)

I found this video to be very interesting. I enjoy movies in general, but I absolutely love illustrated movies like this one. To be honest, I found that I enjoyed the Mahabharata a bit less than the Ramayana.  In these short clips, the most important information is learned. The public domain text that we read was too overextended for my tastes and so learning the basics and most important was helpful to me. I think it is important to start with the story of King Shantanu and Queen Ganga because the result that happens due to his questioning is infinite. It is not only the fact that she left him, but the fact that the son takes a vow to not marry and that causes the birth of the three sons to the forest sage. My favorite part of the story within Part A was learning about the three sons that were born of the forest sage. I find it important to realize that the mother's actions dictated what happened to the children that they bore. I also find it important to realize how they used it to their advantage in their youth. This is important when regarding the title Karmic Revolution because the whole story is based on karma and what comes from it based on an individual's actions. This is strongly shown by the birth of the three sons and what they had inflicted on them due to the mother's actions. Overall, I enjoy watching the story play out rather than reading it because I can make all of the connections easier. When I was reading the Mahabharata, I would get confused and that is more than likely why I did not favor it as much as the Ramayana.


Comments