Week 8 Reading and Writing

(Image Information: Run The Day; Source: Grammarly)

This is probably one of my more favorite images from past blog posts. For me, it shows just how much you run your life and your day. It puts it into a much more daunting setting because there is no "what ifs" in this quote. It simply is what it is and if you don't take control then you aren't going to get much done. It is kind of like you dictating your own emotions and not letting your own emotions dictate you.

I enjoy the reading and writing assignments, but I am honestly getting confused when we take an old story and put it on our portfolio and when we write new stories in general. Would it be a good idea to just start writing stories and keep them as drafts until they are due? I don't mean to get confused, but somehow I am. I like the layout of my blog and my portfolio. I just played around a bit with both of them and I think that I am fully satisfied now. I think my blog layout doesn't look so elementary now, but clean and sophisticated. I think my reading notes are fine because I write what I find most important within the stories and for me that is plot, names and what happens. This helps me construct different stories. I also go back and read the stories and then read my notes again whenever I write a story. So far The Cunning Crane and the Crab has been my favorite reading because it has a very important lesson to tell. I also enjoy how you can take the basic lesson from that story and use it to make your own without worrying about it being repetitive. Personally, I don't like focusing on one character whenever I am reading, but I like to look at the overall plot of the story. Usually that is what I follow in order to see if the characteristics of each character are fitting into the story correctly.

For the future I think that I may do a more organized version of note taking where it isn't just a few sentences for each story, but try and use keywords. I'll do my normal reading notes and then at the bottom of that organize into the different keywords.

Comments